From:
Teresa Garcma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 23:31:36 -0600
Hello everybody!!

I am new to BEE-L and I love it.
I am a beginner in beekeeping and would like to know if bees can be fed
with molasses; Could apiculture be combined with "double purpose" cattle
raising, giving the bees the same kind of molasses that we use here to
add to silage?
I would like to see each farmer here having a small apiary, but during
the rainy season and with strong winds, bees cannot forage, and sugar is
very expensive here.
Another question, must the bees always be fed protein during dearth
time, or how log can they be fed only with carbohydrates (sugar)?
What do you think?

Thank you!!

Tere G.
Mexico