From:
"Conrad A. Berube" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 14:54:05 -0700
While I'm posting I might as well mention that I finally got
around to putting up a website that may be of interest to some
folks.

Some of the contents and addresses:

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/5garudi.htm links to "How the Honeybee
Got her Hum,"_American Bee Journal,March 1994 (my retelling of a
children's story, in verse, with notes regarding beekeeping in
the orient)

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/beestars.htm links to "The Bee-Riddled
Carcass,"_Griffith Observer: Journal of the Griffith
Observatory,_July 1991 (an article originally published in an
astronomy journal regarding the ox-born bee and Samson myths and
there connection to astronomical calendars and constellations)

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/belfry.htm links to "Bees in the Belfry;
American Bee Journal, July 1989 (about my first experience with
[africanized] bees and the Kenya Top Bar Hive

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/ktbh.htm links to "The Kenya Top-Bar
Hive as a Better Hive in Developing Countries," _American Bee
Journal,_ August 1989 (about the advantages of the Kenya Top Bar
Hive in some circumstances [plans included in a graphical link])

There's also some comics and short essays:

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/ladybird.htm links to a comic and a
short essay about ladybugs

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/leps.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about the movie "Silence of the Lambs"

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/planet.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about movies about giant insects

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/critic.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about insect communication (particularly amongst crickets)

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/antroid.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about the root of the word "arthropod"

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/oz.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about insect communication

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/peas.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about plants genetically manipulated to produce their own
insecticide

http://pinc.com/~bwarner/scorpio.htm links to a comic and a short
essay about insect constellations

Bee well (but bee accurate),

        -              Conrad Berube
       "  `            ISLAND CROP MANAGEMENT
       "   `           2620 Queenswood Dr.
   _- -_`-_|'\  /`     Victoria, B.C.
  \_\ _ /\-._/\/       (604)477-5220; fax (604)656-8922
       /   | |         email: [log in to unmask]
      '`   ^ ^         website: http://vvv.com/~bwarner/