Date:
Tue, 12 May 2009 17:41:11 GMT
>>Dave you avoid crushing bees by attention to detail in taking frames in and out, and also as to  how you put the box/super back on.

Dee,

Do you scrape the tops and bottoms of frames off?  My bees build up the vertical space bet. frames with cells when they typically raise some drones and deposit some honey.

When I separate the boxes, the bees venture onto the tops and bottoms of frames to take up any exposed honey and cover drone larvae.  If I did not smoke them off, dozens would be crushed when putting the boxes back on.

Do your bees act differently?

Waldemar