Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 08:40:34 +0300
<Science says the temps used to render and make foundation is not NEAR high
enough to kill AFB spores.

Science says also something about chance to spread AFB by foundations. Couple
years ago I was in Apimondia congress session about AFB. This was discussed and
I asked if anyone knew a proven case of infection this way. No one did.

Some had made studies by making foundatitions from only frames with AFB. Spores
were in foundations but they did not infect the hives were the foundations were
put.

Ok it might be possible, but it is much, much more likely that you get your AFB
from neighbour beekeeper.

Anyone know any proven case of infecting a colony with foundations ?

Ari Seppälä
Finland