From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:47:32 EST
and in a subsequent post to BEE-L Dave Williams wrote:
> I am a novice bee-haver and still have a lot to learn.

Yes, there is a lot to learn.  Carpenter bees are unfortunate recipients
of a bad name.  Unlike other destructive insects bearing the carpenter
moniker (ants and termites), carpenter bees do not bore extensive
tunnels into structures which can cause structural failure.  For the
most part damage caused carpenter bees is merely cosmetic.  Advice that
carpenter bees should be eliminated is alarmist, poor advice.  If you
have carpenter bees, relax, don't worry, enjoy them.  You are fortunate
to be treated to a nature show up close and personal!

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!