From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2013 10:57:27 -0400
Is there some abnormal shortage of queens this year?   I know the demand
for queens this time of year is always high and we often get calls
hoping we have extra queens despite what our website says. But this year
the number of calls is significantly increased and the civility of the
callers significantly decreased.    You always get a couple throughout
the season, but we've been getting more than one call where the
beekeeper gets less than civil when our crystal ball fails and we don't
have an extra queen for them.  A few we've had to simply hang up on
because they just wouldn't stop ranting.

I'm sure others were affected by the unseasonably cold March and April
that we had.   Of course maybe I'm just lucky to be the last person on
their list to call.