From:
Waldemar Galka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 17:21:50 -0500
> The U.S. Food and Drug Administration reviews all foods on a case-by-case
basis to
ensure that they meet nutritional and safety standards.

Peter, this does not say what exact safety protocols are followed.  These
reviews seem to be limited to the data provided by Monsanto and the other
GMO companies.  To me, that doesn't constitute ensuring safety at all.  The
university study I quoted should have raised some eyebrows.

Perhaps food safety is not a good topic for here but we do exist with the
bees in a closed environmental system.  Rats are pretty hardy creatures.  If
GMOs affect them at relatively low feed rates, there is no reason to think
honey bees are somehow excluded from GMO effects.  In the big ag areas, like
soy beans, alfalfa or corn in the late summer, bee colony decline can on
near exclusive GMO diets.

I am not saying we have a smoking gun but we can't say it's a fact GMOs are
safe when there are scientific studies to the contrary.

Waldemar