From:
Eunice Wonnacott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:30:57 -0400
Aaron Morris wrote:

> names for people who do that here, well actually, we give them numbers
> and uniforms and room and board!
>
> Aaron Morris - think $2/lb is a decent price, wishing $10!

Aaron:  Thanks for a great reply to M Braunstein's note re world honey
prices.  I especially liked your defense of hobbiests.

Two days ago I saw a hobby beekeeper displaying his last season honey
for sale at the end of the counter in his small rural restaurant.  He
told me he easily sells all his product to his "summer visitor"
customers.  The 350 g bottle was priced at $4.00 (Canadian) .. Retail
price for this size in local supermarkets is at least a dollar less at
present.

EDW