From:
GAVIN RAMSAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2012 09:37:32 +0000
Hi Juanse

The wattsupwiththat site is not an independent-minded site devoted to setting out the truth.  It is overtly sceptical on the mainstream science on anthropogenic (yes, I had spotted my own mistake but managed to post it yesterday anyway in my rush) global warming.  What sites like that do is give comfort to those who want to believe that mainstream science has it wrong.  Just as the welter of anti-pesticide lobbyists do on the internet too for their particular cause, giving a false impression of the real situation.  Google can be misleading.  For example, Google for Jerry Bromenshenk and Bayer at the same time and you'll come away with the impression that he's a devious character who took money from Bayer and tried to hide the damaging effect of pesticides by making up stuff about Nosema and a new virus.  You need to be careful what you believe from the internet.  Stories that people want to hear get traction and are propagated, no matter how
 untrue they may be.

You were kind enough to quote some science of mine on here when you thought it relevant to the debate on extreme levels of purity from GM contamination.  Can I now point you to one of the clearest descriptions I know of what is happening to the world's climate?  The message in it is stark and unpalatable.  When we are presented with such stark and unpalatable descriptions, we'd best take them seriously.

http://www.bis.gov.uk/go-science/climatescience

On my country's prior squandering of its stored carbon and biodiversity: before my time Juanse, not my fault, I've always been uncomfortable about what was done by my ancestors - even though they didn't realise what they were doing.  Now we do realise what we are doing, and some of us keenly want to try to put things right.  That doesn't mean stopping less developed countries from developing, it means encouraging them to develop sustainably.

best wishes

Gavin