From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2017 23:39:48 -0400
a snip from Ruary Rudd
Depending on the severity of the infection your choices are:
1 destruction of colony
2 Shook swarm into clean equipment
Followed by oxytet treatment this reduces the bacterial count and the wipes out any bacteria which was transferred on the adult bees,
The disease is stress related so feed the colony after the operation.
Ruary

my comments...
I think someone is confusing EFB with AFB???   Reasonable if you follow the shook swarm technique the unit would need to be fed since you are essentially restarting the unit like a package.... which has no feed stores.  However feeding does help in a lot of situation concerning a hives health and well being.  I have often wondered if some 'appetite enhancement' additive to the feed might also help in such situations?

We see a bit of EFB here and when a natural flow of nectar and pollen kick in the problem often times resolves itself without intervention.  Severity of efb would be my question... is it minor or a major outbreak???  If the latter often times I simply requeen the hive and the problem resolves itself without further intervention.  EFB at least for me at this location seems to be partially a matter of nutrition and of genetics.

Gene Ash