From:
Frank Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Frank Farrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 23:32:42 +0930
Hi, I recently joined bee-l.I live in Darwin, tropical northern Australia
and have about a dozen hives . Fortunately we dont have any AFB, EFB, or
mite problems, yet. A few months ago a swarm of Asian bees was found in
darwin, but they had no mites. No more Asian bees have been found, however
we are working with a number of control areas that restrict the movement of
bees and an eradication zone in which all feral hives of European bees are
being destroyed by the Dept of Primary Industry. In 12 months we will
probably know if all this has been successful.
Wishing you all happy beekeeping.
Frank Farrell