From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2015 07:55:06 -0600
But too often lately these exchanges are starting to be no different than the other open internet beekeeping discussions. It's just that there are a lot more degrees, titles and experience involved, but the attitudes are certainly very similar.

I suspect your very mistaken.  The Debates and what you view seemingly as arguments,    are not.  They are serious passionate discussions back and forth between people with a ton of respect and faith in each other,  both or all  pushing on the others weak points.

Without that back and forth,  this is nothing more than a bullitian board for research papers.  What makes this different is the huge portion of the discussion sticks with details.  Of course things wander when something outlandish  or way off is reported,  but having meet many of these people,  and traded littereally thousands of notes and emails and some phone calls.  Its quite clear there is some mutual respect.

Myself in particular would not even bother debating if I didn't feel the other could handle it,  and I may be able to convince him/her.  And Some of us do it her for a reason,  to let other see the other side of the discussion, or as some put it argument.

I have been here 2 years now..?  One thing this place has not been much of,  is a how to and where to move frames,  and what to do with your hives.  It’s a higher level where the merits of research like Lu,s can be debated and argued.  If we turn it into a bunch of un-debated post on the latest fads in beekeeping, many of those here will disappear for different reasons.

Aaron does a wonderful job moderating.  As the "elder" here,  he knows when to kick back a post,  and when they are intended with respect and the spirit of debate.  There aer many topics that come up on all of these sites,  feel free to ignore the ones your not interested in,  but given the level of activity in just the last 3 weeks here,  I would say many enjoy the lively back and forth, and I know I have learned much from challenging some of the comments and posters.

Charles