Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 09:26:09 PDT
Hello Gang,

To mark or not to mark!

I have wrestled with this every time I requeen.

Does marking help?

It helps to quickly identify which frame a queen is on so that the
frame is treated with utmost care.

Identifying a present year queen is not an issue for me,
because I clip her wings. A queen with a full wing span is not the store bought queen I put in there earlier, so this makes marking a moot point.

Not every day is sunny, and looking through screening with bespectacled old
eyes make spotting the queen more difficult than it once was.
Exerience has made up for some of this difficulty, but I must say
that a moving white dot in a sea of black is infinitely easier to
locate.

Ernie Gregoire "Beekeeper," definition= partially brave,

                            partially excentric

Grist Mill Apiary

Canaan, New Hampshire, USA

04/08/99 09:26:09