From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 19:48:46 +0100
Faith Andrews Bedford wrote:

> Harry - I have often made by cut comb foundation stretch further by cutting
> the sheets into thirds and putting only one third at the top of the frames.
>  The bees seem to be pretty happy to continue the sheet right down to the
> bottom of the frame and draw it out nicely resulting in good cuttable comb.

Hi Faith,
I have done this myself but always worry that they will not produce
perfect comb however I always use starter foundation when working with
sections as I find the bees prefer it.  The thing which facinated me was
that it did not seem to matter too much whether the foundation was just
a sheet of wax or whether it had cell impressions on it.
--
Harry
Scotland

Knitwear Web pages: