From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:45:33 -0500
Hello All,

4.  Some of this bandwagon is being pushed forward by those beekeepers who
want to get on the public teat, side-by-side with the beef, wheat, corn, and
others through the new farm bill.  I am told this is likely to come to pass.

Moo! Moo! Moo! Move over beef,wheat & corn!

The above is true.

Actually long overdue. Beekeepers have tried for years to get at least crop
insurance. Crop insurance is not a hand out! You pay for the protection!

 Beekeepers have been discriminated against for quite a while. Several
senators (names withheld) called a couple large beekeepers "millionaire
beekeepers" with their hands out reaching for the public teat in hearings
years ago. Luckily we have other senators which realize the importance of
commercial beekeeping and the hard, back breaking work involved.

Not all beekeeping is simply a pastime for old men (except maybe in my
case).

An important beekeeping industry has  needed support (like beef ,wheat and
corn) for
years. many outfits which have went under in the last 20 years might not if
we had had some help.

WE CAN IMPORT EVERYTHING LLOYD SAID (LIKE BEEF,WHEAT AND CORN PLUS HONEY
ETC.) BUT YOU CAN NOT IMPORT POLLINATION.

>And, since I am somewhat known in some beekeeping circles, there are those
who are furious I am expressing these opinions.

 Welcome to my world!

Bob

--
believed to be clean.