Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 08:46:51 -0400
Bill said:
>>Am treatment had as much vapor out of the entrance even
with some entrance plugging while daytime treatment vapor stayed inside the
hive with no additional plugging and showed high up on the hive body where
there were cracks.<<

Just checking - do you mean you did not restrict the entrance at all while
treating in the daytime?  Are you using a blower?

Treatment time is upon us here but so is the late goldenrod flow, stopping
the entrances in the day would cause a huge traffic jam.
Daytime treatment would certainly be easier in many ways and your arguments
about types of bees targetted and cluster make sense.

Around here in NB a 'final' treatment in early winter when broodless is
stressed, but I always wonder about the efficacy of treatment when they're
clustered.  I am sure the remaining mites are in the middle of that cluster.

Rob