From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2006 13:19:59 EST
Randy

We can train a cassette full of bees -- but they're fragile in a box in the
field -- they have to be constrained, so they can't cool themselves, etc.
We've been playing around with training our free flying bees -- maybe dope  them
with a marker so we can distinguish our trained bees from every other  bee.

You're right though, LANL is getting lots of press for more or less
duplicating the bee in a box or bee hotel approach of  Inscentinel
_http://www.inscentinel.com/index.php_ (http://www.inscentinel.com/index.php) .

We know the Brits well, they spent a summer working with us in Missoula and
Yuma.  We've used a similar screening assay since the late 90s.

Jerry