From:
Matt Ter Molen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 10:00:00 CST
This smell is more than likely from goldenrod honey that the bees are
ripening in the hive.  It is very noticeable in the hives around the
fall when the bees are gathering nector from goldenrod and aster.  Just
last night I walked through my apiary and the pungent smell was
noticeable from 50 yards away.  Matt Ter Molen. [log in to unmask]
go.edu.