From:
Erin Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 15:13:21 -0700
> have.Apparently there is some type of bird that will
> catch the
> bees,bight the front halve of the bee off and eat
> it,and leave the
> back half of the bee lying on the hive.

No bird comes to mind right away.  The Merops
apiaster/bee eater usually kills bees before
swallowing them whole by rubbing live bees against
hard surfaces until they sting themselves to death.
It seems logical that they would someitmes just eat
part of the bee, but as they tend to be very skittish
around people,  I don't know how much of this has been
observed.

Erin

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the Yahoo! toolbar and be alerted to new email wherever you're surfing.