From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 11:01:16 -0500
>she claims that she believes that the idea that there were no honey
>bees in America before the white man is erroneous ... She cites cave
>paintings, and also the fact that a search of Spanish records has
>failed to confirm the long held belief that the Spanish brought the
>first honey bees to the New World.
>
>Dee believes that the bees they manage have some of the original
>American bee stock in them and that this is where the thelytoky
>trait originates. She has also studied the matter in detail
>
>Dee claims that the thelytoky trait has been in the Lusby bees since
>long before the AHB furor and that their bees actually do raise new
>queens and that the Lusbys actually seek the thelytoky trait when
>breeding their bees, since the hives will raise a queen even when at
>the laying worker condition, and tolerate multiple queens. when
>requeening, she just smokes a virgin in and claims good success.

That ain't all they've been smoking. Based on *cave paintings* they
have determined that there were honey bees here before the white man,
that the workers of those bees could raise queens like the Cape bee,
and they have descendents of these same bees in their outfit. Instead
of the other explanation: the bees came from Mexico in the past ten
years. Remember Occam's Razor?

--
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>