From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 2015 07:38:51 -0500
We provided a research group working on new varieties of soybeans with a PERS assay system.  They looked at about 14 different new varieties of soybean that they were evaluating, and found only a few were attractive to honey bees.

This is the basis of my desire.   Some seasons we do well on beans,  others get avaoided.  I would like to know why.   I have worked on the assumtption that its not a first choice crop.     Some experience with Canola this year makes me suspect it has to do with the hybrid more.   I can test MANY hybrids.   Putting bees on everyu field and seeing which ones they work is not feasible.

Evaluating nectar after the bee consumes it  doesn't tell me anything about the flora source volume.

Charles