From:
PondSite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 13:26:15 -0400
Ive got my four new hives going good.  The first deep super was almost full
of comb and I put on the
second hive body.  Its almost full of comb now. QUESTION  I have some
shallow frames full of honey
from last year, that I have kept in the freezer.  I want to give it to the
bees to help them complete the
drawing our of the hive body combs, and maybe draw out some shallow super
combs.  Do I just put
the shallow super with a few frames of honey and some new foundation on the
top.  Should I put it
over the inner cover.  two of the hives are still taking in lots of
sugar/syrup, made at 1cup sugar to one
cup water.  The other two are taking in very little, even though I keep the
feeder full.  I read that they
use the sugar/syrup to stimulate brood rearing and making comb.  I want
them to make comb for next
year, so do I keep the sugar/syrup going in, then move the shallow frames
so the bees will clean them
back out for me.  HELP, The several threads that have been going on this
subject have stopped short
of where my bees are.WALT retired in s.c.