From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 06:57:48 -0400
This message was originally submitted by [log in to unmask]
the  BEE-L list  at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove extraneous
quotes.

----------------- Original message (ID=A02949D4) (87 lines)
-------------------
From:   Ross Langlands <[log in to unmask]
To:     Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
Subject:        RE: [BEE-L] Heather honey
Date:   Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:33:08 +0100

It's been a wonderful fortnight of dry sunny weather at the heather. The
bees are foraging well. However to my disappointment there were no bees
in the supers yesterday and no new honey. I'm on a brood and a half  and
they were loaded with capped and uncapped honey. What next? Do I remove
the (metal) queen excluder? Do I move frames of honey up into the supers and
if so how many and capped or uncapped or both? Should I just keep a calm
sough   and be patient? Problems, problems!

Ross Langlands