From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 02:00:47 -0400
>        I write for some Ugandan friends who have started a small community
>based bee keeping operation for commerical honey production.  They are
>starting at the basics and would appreciate any correspondence to aid them
>in developing a viable  business....Thank you, Mike

Habari yako Mike:

        I am a small commercial beekeeper in Prince Edward Island, Canada
with about 200 hives, and I produce both honey, and rent out the hives for
pollination of blueberries.  I know a little about top bar hives, but am no
expert.  I know a fair bit about processing and marketing honey.  I have
been to Kenya a couple of times and have visited some women's groups that an
organization that I  belong to had sponsored (some had done some
beekeeping).  The organization is called Farmers Helping Farmers (Wakulima
Wasaidia Wakulima) and works with the Kenya National Farmers Union.  If I
can be of any assistance your friends can contact me.  The address of the
organization that Hans mentioned would probably be a better start for them.

Regards, Stan