From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:26:19 -0700
>I 've watched guys for years feed heavy and always have great looking bees
vs. the ones that don' t feed as much.

I've sure come full circle on this.  I eschewed feeding for many years,
since it wasn't "natural."  But in my area, we deal with drought from June
through October, and the bees suffer if not moved to better pasture.
Supplemental feeding makes all the difference in the world!  We have
completely turned yards of bees around these past few weeks--growing healthy
colonies largely on supplemental feed.

> curious how Casein has or is used?

AFAIK, has only been used in labs, due to the expense.

Randy Oliver