Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 07:45:54 +1200
Hi Peter

What I'm saying is that the allergen in bee venom is totally different to
allergens in bee pollen which are totally different to allergens in royal jelly
which are totally different to allergens in propolis.

If someone is allergic to bee venom, there is absolutely zero scientific
evidence that they are also allergic to royal jelly. In fact there is very good
evidence that they are not.

A study of medical and bee industry literature reveals that allergies to bee
pollen, whilst they do occur, are extremely rare.

There are a lot of myths about allergies to bee products. Most of the
literature and expert evidence used to discredit royal jelly, for example, is
false, or falsified. In one case it is fabricated.

Please take the time to read the two reports at www.beekeeping.co.nz/scirev.htm

One was written by a parliamentary select [standing] committee, the other is an
independent scientific review involving an immunologist, a dermatologist, an
intenationally renown risk analyst, a cancer researcher with two doctorates,
and our very own Cliff van Eaton. All five were appointed by the New Zealand
minister of health with no consultation with industry.

There overwhelming conclusion was that bee pollen and propolis supplements did
not need warnings -- only product labelling saying it was bee pollen or
propolis. For royal jelly it was recommended that a warning statement towards
asthmatics be put on the label.

They discounted two of the three alleged deaths in Australia, and concluded
that there was a strong association with royal jelly use in the third. They
stopped short of stating causality -- having read and analysed thousands of
pages of evidence, correspondence etc, I can assure you that there was a great
deal of monkey business going on and that much of the evidence even given under
oath was false.

In short, being allergic to one bee product does not make one allergic to
another.
Bee pollen and propolis has been classified as extremely safe by a panel of 5
government appointed scientists.
Royal jelly has been deemed very safe.

Most of the evidence regarding allergies to royal jelly is false, falsified and
fabricated.

Hope this helps.

Ron