From:
Peter Fruehwirth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:41:40 +0100
Hi Kelley,
there are two books, where pollen traps are discribed: The Canadian
floor-type (with foto) in The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Beekeeping, by
Roger Morse and Ted Hooper, p.300 - 301; and an Australian type (with plan
and foto) in Bees an Beekeeping, by Eva Crane. The last one we have rebuild
for our hives in Austria, Europe. With the Australian type we had very good
success in our cold mountain climate (short period of flowering in the
spring-maybe 3- 4 weeks and an than one or two weeks with honeydew from the
pruce).
Tomorrow (European Greenwich time) i will try to send you the descriptions
per fax. I hope it will work.
With regards
Peter Fruehwirth from cold snow-covered Austria
queen breeding station for Originally Austrian Carniolian Queens
fon+fax: 01143 732 78 52 84