From:
BeemanNick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 19:38:14 EDT
In a message dated 4/16/98 5:33:15 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Nick: I assume you mean queens in queen cages, and I don't understand the
 significance of a battery box.
 Although not desirable, queens can be kept for as much as two weeks from the
 time they were removed from a nucleus colony until you install them in new
 quarters, provided they have enough "shipping candy", the attendant workers
 who feed the queen are not dead, they have a daily "drink of water", and best
 kept cool
 (perhaps in your basement) and dark.
 Do not OVER water.  Put 1 or 2 small drops of water on the wire screen
surface
 once each day.
 However, it is always best to take off from work, and install those queens in
 the afternoon when it is clear, warm, and no wind.
 Is that enough? George Imirie >>

WE do have them each in cages, inside a battery box. They have a sponge for
the "attendents" to feed the queens water.
Missing work is not possible since I am only 14 and do not work (the bees are
my work)

Nick