From:
Carlos Aparicio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 13:15:44 +0300
At 11:31 PM 02/06/1998 EDT, David Green wrote:

  Maybe it's not just me needing minerals. I've seen a new phenomenon that
>I've never observed -- bees landing on my arms and drinking sweat!
>
>   I would assume that bees will naturally get all the salts and minerals they
>need in their normal food supply. Perhaps the extreme heat makes an exception?

My hives are about half a mile near the sea. Some people said me they saw
bees in shore near the sea, probably drinking salted water.

        Since al heard this I feed my bees one tablespoon of salt once a month.
        I put the salt in the entrance, and the result is very different in
different hives, some of them eat the salt inmediatly, others may last about
one week.

        May be this helps.

        Regards

        CARLOS APARICIO