From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 12:27:14 -0500
D. Murrell wrote:

>I think there's one factor that most beekeepers, here, just don't
>understand. And that's the different focus those who have experienced the
>successes of small cell have

OK, but another thing that is not clearly understood is that unless you have
control hives, and perform only a cell size change, the results cannot be
interpreted.

In other words, if you change cell size *as well as* a myriad other
practices including better bee stock, less frame swapping, smaller apiaries,
non-migratory beekeeping, etc. -- you simply *don't know* which of these was
the deciding factor.

That is why individuals still are looking for hard evidence resulting from
controlled experimentation. Some of us are simply allergic to statements
like "it's working, that's good enough for me".

pb