Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:22:44 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
This message was originally submitted  by [log in to unmask] to the BEE-L
list at LISTSERV.ALBANY.EDU.  It was edited to remove quotes of previously posted material.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Mon 2008.10.13 15:35
To: Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology
Subject: RE: [BEE-L] Canadian Honey Councils asking for $ 50 million.

Things do improve, depending on who you ask. According to many beekeepers that i've personally spoken to in France, they've had the best honey production in ten years since Regent and Gaucho was taken off the market. Why take risks with our environment if we're not absolutely sure of what these chemicals do.
Thank God for the Precautionary Principle. However in many places including this country it's the Greed and Money principle that rules.
Until you go to France and speak to someone directly  everything is hearsay. Well i've spoken to scientists and beeks. They were able to detect IMD becuase their ability to suss out toxins in the pollen and nectar is mucb more sensitive. The way you do the science effects the findings, obviously.

And as far as i am concerned that fact that the losses are happening in France, Greece, Italy, Slovenia...etc... and that beekeepers independantly come to the conclusion tnat toxins are effecting their bees, serves as emprical proof. Are all these beekeepers nuts? I don't think so. Let's give them some credit.

--
  (\
{:|}{|||}-- 
  (/
Maryam Henein
Writer/Producer/All-around Raconteur
www.vanishingbees.com

* General Information About BEE-L is available at: *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/default.htm   *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2