From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2013 11:51:03 -0400
> The development of resistance to antibiotics
> in bacteria is an example of something that
> organisms do over time: they evolve.
> Those that don't, go extinct.

I was merely challenging the attempt to draw a broad inference between
bacteria and fungi:

>>  note: the following refers to bacteria, but
>> would no doubt apply to fungal pathogens as well

So, without a concrete example, I can't see a basis for the inference drawn.
As this very circuitous discussion started with claims that Fumagillin
caused "resistant Nosema", an example of Nosema developing resistance to
Fumagillin would be what is needed here.

But without an example, the claims seem mere speculation, firmly refuted by
decades of field experience.

Funny, no one has asked why one would think an antibiotic (Fumagillin) would
be the best tool to use against a fungus (Nosema).  I've often wondered
this, but I guess it is exactly because fungi are so hard to kill, and
antibiotics exist in such wide variety.

Sent from my not-so smartphone
My typo rate may vary

(The headbone's connected to the headphones
The headphones lie across the neckbone
The neckbone's connected to the armbone
The armbone's connected to the handbone
The handbone's connected to the iPhone