From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2017 07:22:52 -0400
Recent posts on bee-l
> I was told by a very reliable source via email that Roger Morse published a Florida extension pamphlet some 50 years ago that did roughly the same thing I did. As this is historical information that clearly DOES have merit and application in modern beekeeping, maybe it can be found.

> Keep in mind that there are students who try to weasel out of the hard work of doing the literature searches, etc. in favor of finding some sucker on the internet who will be so pleased that the student considers them to be an expert that they will do the work.

comment:

I thought the juxtaposition of these two posts was curious, coming at the same moment as they did. I suspect that people use my expertise surreptitiously, but I try not to think about it all that much. For me, it's the excitement of finding things out that moves me. Granted, there are many things that simply don't interest me. Such is an autodidact.

Recently, I compiled a bibliography of articles written by Charlie Mraz. I was quite surprised how many I found in print that were NOT referenced anywhere online. Meanwhile, there is a new book out that compiles everything written about bees in America or by Americans (in the sense the author uses it).

See:

AMERICAN BEE BOOKS: AN ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY OF BOOKS ON BEES AND BEEKEEPING 1492 TO 2010.
Mason, Philip A.
Boston, MA: The Club of Odd Volumes, 2016.
600 pages
ISBN: 9781878112019
Price: $175.00  other currencies

"This careful account of the life's work of a dedicated scholar-collector accomplishes what no practicing entomologist can ever do..."