From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2013 15:05:08 -0400
> What possible effects can eg. religion have on beekeeping I wonder? Sensible answers only please...

I don't know how religion helps to understand bees, but bees help to understand religion. Bees selflessly work their whole lives for their parents and their children, getting nothing for themselves. That's pretty impressive, and is reminiscent of many religious teachings. On the other hand, they get a little smoke in them and all they want to do is open up the honey pots, stick their heads in, and eat until they can hardly move. Good to do that too, once in a while.

Pete