From:
"Otto, Warren" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 10:23:00 CDT
I am also a new beekeeper and have the same problem here in Manitoba.  There
are no eggs or brood in one hive, but the hive seems to be operating
'normally'.  I installed packages in both hives on May 5.  I have ordered a
new queen from Bee Maid in Winnipeg.  They have a shipment of Hawaiin queens
arriving on Wednesday, June 4.  Now all I have to do is find the current
queen to kill her off (if she even exists).  Bee Maid will ship out queens.
 Their web page is http://www.beemaid.com/manitoba/manitoba.html.

Can anyone say why the workers wouldn't lay eggs if the queen isn't?

Warren Otto
Lorette, MB
 ---------