From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 06:48:16 -0400
Me: there is no evidence of two honey bee colonies ever coöperating, that I know of.

Charles: I look at it differently,  drifters loaded with cargo are readily accepted,  and I would suspect that dances  and following are fairly normal cross talk between hives.

Me: but those are presumably inadvertent behaviors, caused by the density of colonies. This would be different from the deliberate sharing of information which (so far as we know) honey bee colonies don't do.

That is the whole point I was trying to make, that colonies widely separated never share, while in apiaries stuff gets shared but probably not deliberately.

PLB