From:
Rob Bidleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 1994 21:01:25 -0700
Eucalyptus cooling a fire <or smoke> is not a good idea as any fire
fighter can tell you. Even fresh Euc will burn with a vengeance, there
must be another reason for it. I can recommend also the dry cobs. Works
wonderfully. The reducer I favor is Artemisia. Used by the ancient
Egyptians and Tibetans, it can still be found in use by the cliff robbers
in Nepal. It seems to calm the bees and produces a rich, slow smoke that
seems to linger. It is abundant just about anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
Hessian bags are probably the best I've ever used in combination with
Artemisia <Mugwort>. The mesh holds the herb suspended as it burns instead
of allowing it to smother the spark.