From:
TxBeeFarmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:03:35 -0600
Lloyd and all,

I'm planning on using Ross Rounds this year, but have a few questions about
the foundation I'm going to use.  I'm sure I can purchase foundation for
this, but was thinking of making thin sheets of wax and cookie cutting
pieces for the rounds.  Will the bees draw out suitable comb if the cell
imprint is missing?  I can put the imprint on with a piece of plastic
foundation while it's warm of need be.  Was also wondering about just
pouring a little melted wax in the round to cover the bottom, then
imprinting the pattern while the wax is still warm, if imprints are
necessary.  Will the rounds withstand the heat of the hot wax?

Thanks
West Texas Mark