From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:35:19 EDT

[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])   writes:

Collapsed hives are things we hear about in the news and happen to our
migratory
beeks when they are out of state and the occasional novice who  has CCD me
Too Disease that the
media interviews.

Saying something is so, doesn't make it so.  We've a long history with  at
least several large MN migratory beekeepers who have been hit hard by  CCD - and
their losses WERE NOT restricted to WHEN they were out of state.   Some were
hit hard last year, had a portion of their operations hit again this  year,
and are still limping along with problem hives.  We've just finished  analysis
of new samples from MN.

I'm losing patience with these proclamations exonerating stationary
beekeepers (we know that they get CCD too) and pretending that CCD is a problem  of
migratory beekeepers, who only experience CCD when in CA.  The  evidence is
clearly to the contrary.

Jerry