From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Aug 2011 08:02:29 -0700

> > I am still interested to know whether E341 is hazardous to bees

E341 is generic for calcium phosphates, which are common ingredients to
animal feeds as a mineral source.  They are insoluble in water.  I would be
interested to hear if there is any substantiation to the rumors that you
heard about the amount in icing sugar being harmful to bees.  Would be very
easy to test.  If anyone wishes to send me some icing sugar containing E341,
I'd be happy to run an incubator test for bee mortality (the icing sugar in
my stores contains corn starch as an anticaking agent, and I could test
concurrently).

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA