From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Nov 2016 09:41:23 -0600
  I must assume that you did not attend the research lunch at CSBA where a major honey packer showed the residues of miticides and antibiotics in U.S.
honey, compared to those of other countries.  U.S. beekeepers have no reason to claim that their honey is the most pure.

Actually I did,  and fully appreciated Brents comments more than most.  No way I could have been that tactful!   I am pretty much with you based on the evidence,  but we both know we are exceptions in the bee community.  The need to have a "involved" veterinarian is a bit of a difficulty for most people. and another layer of cost.  In my area it will be completely impossible.  No local vet will do bees,  and as a result most of us will be forced to look quite far away,  which if your not aware of will legally require a vet willing to travel,  and that’s expensive.  My guess is if I could find someone,  it will be a 200.00 farm visit.

One could say its driven by a few bad actors in the bee community,  but that’s not true,  in this case its driven from other groups outside who want to make sure no antibiotics are improperly fed.
I spent a lot of last night pondering the concept of unintended consequences, and how many of us are only looking at whats right in front of us,  and not further down the road. This ruling ties right into that,  as well as some of the lawsuits we have been discussing.

Charles