From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2018 07:24:43 -0700

> > lacquer thinner is not approved for use as an insecticide to kill honey
> bees.
> Perhaps it depends on the state.

Pesticide law is determined federally--states are allowed to be more
restrictive.  Since our discussions on this list are supposed to be
"informed," it behooves us to post accurate information, especially with
regard to the legality of any recommendations posted.  I'd hate to see
someone fined for following advice posted to the List.

> I suppose there are approved methods of killing bees, but I never looked
> into it.

The catalogs used to carry a pyrethroid registered for killing honey bees.
I just wasted a fair amount of time trying to search for pesticides
registered for killing honey bees, but gave up.  I'll see whether I can get
help.

> By the way, it takes a roaring hot fire to properly burn combs of honey.

But once a box of combs (with or without honey) gets going, the amount of
heat released by burning is amazing!

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA