From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2012 09:34:51 -0500
> maybe Peter has thoughts on Buckwheat honey production.

Where I live in Upstate NY, used to be the heart of the white clover and buckwheat region. A hundred and fifty years ago this was one of the best beekeeping regions in the world. Fortunes were made selling comb honey to NYC (this will be described in detail in my book). Hardly any white clover or buckwheat is grown around here anymore.

My advice for getting buckwheat honey is to find a location where a lot of it is being grown, like around Penn Yan, NY. I don't think you can realistically plant for honey production, unless you have thousands of acres and are planting alfalfa or something you can sell, even if it doesn't make you a profit in honey.

PLB