From:
j h & e mcadam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 22:22:34 +0900
>We just removed four half frames of capped honey from our observation
>hive, now what do we do with it?  Can it be frozen?
>We have never done this before.  We were wondering about saving it for
>winter feeding of the bees.

Yes, before storing I recommend freezing overnight to destroy wax moth
infestation and then storing in a wax moth free area until needed. Honey
itself does not freeze and is undamaged by exposure to cold.  You could
place the frames in a plastic garbage bag and seal after freezing to protect
from wax moth.

Betty McAdam
HOG BAY APIARY
Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island