From:
John Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 1996 20:05:35 -0500
At 08:39 AM 5/15/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, you can do this assembly without any thought about waxmoths.  They only
> get into finished honeycomb, and that only if it has pollen or bee cocoons in
> it.  Your frames will be perfectly safe, unless you let them stand through
>the
>winter.  In that case, any jarring will cause the foundation to shatter.  Oh,
>yes,
>the other extreme is to store them in a hot shed in the middle of summer.  The
>foundation, if not wired,  could sag and drop off.

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the info.  It's something that I don't remember seeing covered in
the bee books that I had read.  I KNEW it was a problem with SOME type of
honeycomb.  <grin>
-- John Taylor --
LifeBeat Air Medical
http://www.cris.com/~Johntrn1/index.shtml
When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!