From:
JOHN IANNUZZI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 09:21:22 -0400
> I have two colonies in E TN that are a bit weak on stores and feel I may
> need to feed them possibly thru the winter.  Having just returned to
> beekeeping I have no frames of honey to give them.  I seem to recall a
> discussion some months ago about in-hive feeders 'on the cheap'.  I don't
> have division board feeders.  Are there reasonable (all opinions
> appreciated) home-made alternatives for providing in-hive feeding during the
> winter.
>
> Logan VanLeigh

  HEY, FORGOT TO SAY THAT I USE SWEEPINGS
  SUGAR (bakery castoffs from floor or
  broken bags) purchased at 10c # (buddy
  and I just invested in 1,000#) and NOT
  the expensive store stuff for 45c#.
John Iannuzzi PhD            | "Singing masons building roofs
9772 Old Annapolis Rd        |  of gold."
Ellicott City (founded 1772) |             --Shakespeare
Maryland usa 21042           |
Hobbyist - 20 hives!         | Italian bees (19oct95 0900)
[log in to unmask]   | 3-1/2 decades a B-man