From:
Glenn woemmel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2018 20:06:44 -0400
Richard
>  Yes, I favor killing ferals also.  They are disease sources that serve no useful purpose and set back genetic progress on dealing with things like mite resistance.<

How about we go ahead and kill all the bumble bees too?  I hear they get some of the same virus that honey bees get and could also be a disease scource.

I could not resist throwing a small barb myself since I got such a thrashing of my intelligence.

  I am not sure that mite resistant bees would even be a goal if not for being shown the possibilities that some of the those ferals were not out there being noticed and then studied.

Funny thing about laws is that it seems on most of them it is a cookie cutter type thing where a "best practice?" is come up with in one place and then sent to all law making bodies as something that they need too and They don't have to reinvent it because they now have a templet.

I do think that when it come to laws, the arguement can be made of the bennifits on most but the motive for doing something new is not always as clear and there usually is a motive beyond something new happening if nothing new has happened and now a new law is needed.

So, like in the old days when gold was found somewhere and they found that using mercury and strip mining was the cheapest way to get it and this was not done before gold was found, a new law may be in order.  But something that has went on a long time with no change but now a new law is needed, Something motivates that.

So like charles, I don't live in new york and so as of now, it is no effect on me and so my only dog in the fight is knowing what I have where I am and likeing it and knowing others may like it also and so like all templets, the game can be played both ways with something to point at.

So nothing here said so far has changed me to where I want to make a law that makes someone else responcible to take care of me insted of me bearing some of that responcibility on my own.  However, when in new york, do as new york does.  It is really up to them and they can and will decide for themselves.

So far the rest that are affected, good luck in whatever direction you decide on.
Cheers
gww