From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:50:40 -0000
Steve Noble wrote:
> I was also wondering if you asked those highly esteemed scientists why
> they
> never thought to check for N. ceranae spores on comb that had been
> occupied
> by bees that were infected with N. ceranae.  That question really jumped
> out for me, and I hypothesized that it might have been because they had
> just assumed it was.  What do you think?   And Peter Edwards, feel free to
> add your wisdom here too.

Thanks, but I really do not have much to add.  My impression was that comb
from CCD colonies had been tested for just about every known pathogen, so I
am very surprised if N ceranae was not included.  I think most of us would
'logically' expect the comb to be contaminated to some extent if the bees
were carrying N ceranae, but what we think is logical does not always prove
to be so.

Best wishes
Peter Edwards
beekeepers at stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk