From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:28:20 +1000
Joe wrote

> There are a few, and there is a GREAT demand for
> queens raised from small cell colonies.

Why would the genetics of these queens from small cell colonies be different
if they were raised from hives that were down sized?  I would think they are
the same bees but on small cell?  This is unless they are raised from
ferals.

Also there have been comparisons made to Apis cerana.  Remember that cerana
is smaller than mellifera and so would have a smaller cell.

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA