From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:06:20 -0500
Jerry said:
> Haven't talked to many of our guys since they started extracting, but the
> vegetation looks very good.

The reason I asked is low yields are again being reported in Missouri and
all surrounding states although plenty of bee plants around. Same as last
year.

Iowa reported last year the lowest honey production since record keeping
began. Same this year!
I was in Iowa last week and plenty of honey plants ( like last year).

The trend seems to be very low honey production but strong looking hives
going into winter. Then high hive loss in early spring. Some hive alive with
a small cluster and half the bees on the bottom board dead.

The weather is the most used excuse in my area but was CCD in 06 and 07.

Hey hive loss is never the beekeepers fault from my inquiries!

Only trying to alert you to what I see as pattern developing.

bob